Event for 50 or fewer people
Any member of the university community or the public may use unrestricted outdoor areas for non-commercial expressive activities on a first come, first served basis without giving prior notice if additional criteria are met.
Use this guide If the following criteria are met:
- The event will occur only between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- For events held on weekdays before 5:00 p.m., the event will be held at least one hundred feet away from buildings that normally hold classes
- The activity will not impede walkways or access to buildings or other university facilities
- No other individual or group has been scheduled or authorized to use the area, or has filed a notice of intent to use that area or an adjacent area
- The organizers will not use amplification equipment or equipment requiring use of electrical power connections (hand-held megaphones are permitted if used so as to direct the sound away from nearby buildings that normally hold classes)
- Signs or banners will be carried/attended at all times by one or two participants (unattended displays may not be used without permission)
- The sponsor of the event takes responsibility for compliance with this policy
Will your event meet these criteria?
- Check to see if the space is being utilized by another individual or group by contacting the Memorial Union Event Management Office at email@example.com or call 515-294-1437 Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm
- Consider the impact your actions will have on other participants, passers by, and yourself.
- If you believe safety may be a concern, contact ISU Police for guidance.
- Student organizations should utilize your organization adviser and the Resources for Organizations
- Be aware of relevant campus policies
- Damage to Property Policy
- Disruption of Rights Policy
- Firearms and Other Weapons Policy
- Fireworks, Pyrotechnics, and Flame Effects Policy
- Outdoor Non-Commercial Expressive Activities (Free Speech)
- Public Disorder, Group Violence, and Mass Disturbance Policy
- Student Disciplinary Regulations
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Violence-Free University Policy