- Mission and Purpose
- Sexual Misconduct / Sexual Assault
- Academic Success Center
- Greek Affairs
- Hixson Opportunity Awards
- Judicial Affairs
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Student Services
- Margaret Sloss Womens Center
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- National Student Exchange
- Parents Association
- Recreation Services
- Student Assistance
- Student Disability Resources
- Student Legal Services
- Writing and Media Center
- Staff Directory
- Policy Library
Sexual Misconduct & Sexual Assault
- ACCESS (Assault Care Center Extending Shelter and Support) (515-29-ALERT): Provides victims with an ACCESS advocate who is trained to assist victims of sexual misconduct and can speak with students confidentially as they process through their experience and consider their options.
- ISU Student Counseling Services (SCS) (515-294-5056): Students can meet with a confidential mental health counselor.
- Mary Greeley Medical Center (515-239-2011)
- Planned Parenthood of Ames (515-292-1000)
- ISU Thielen Student Health Center (515-294-5801): Students can meet with a confidential health care provider.
- Dean of Students Office (515-294-1020): Staff can assist a student in filing formal complaints or, if the student does not want to file a formal complaint, the staff can work with the student to address concerns over housing, class assignments or schedules, leaves of absence, withdrawal or other academic concerns. The office staff can also assist the student in notifying ISU Police or local law enforcement, if the student so requests.
- Margaret Sloss Women's Center (MSWC) (515-294-4154): The MSWC provides support and information through educational outreach, appropriate referral services, and a safe space.
- ISU Police Division (515-294-4428): Contacting ISU Police does not mean a student must pursue criminal charges. ISU Police can advise students of their options, help preserve evidence while they consider options, and assist students in safety planning.
- Title IX Coordinator (515-294-7612): The University has designated Robin Kelley, Director of Equal Opportunity and Compliance to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination and harassment policies. Questions or concerns can be directed to 515-294-7612 or in person at 3350 Beardshear Hall, Ames, IA 50011.
Deputy Title IX Coordinators are:
- Dawn Bratsch-Prince, Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost, 515-294-6410
- Sara Kellogg, Dean of Students Office, 515-294-1023
- Calli Sanders, Athletics Department, 515-294-3706
- Ames Police Department (Non-Emergency: 515-239-5133 or 911)
- Story County Sheriff's Office (515-382-6566)
- Story County Attorney's Office (515-382-7255)
- Victim Assistance Program (515-382-7255)
Sexual Misconduct FAQ
- Will the information I share about sexual assault be kept confidential?
- What options do I have for reporting sexual misconduct?
- What are the benefits of reporting a sexual assault to the police?
- What if I'm an employee at the university and I became aware of an incident of sexual misconduct issue?
- Why am I encouraged to report an incident of sexual misconduct to the Dean of Students Office?
- Should I report a sexual assault if I was drinking underage when it occurred?
- Does it make a difference if the sexual misconduct occurs on or off campus?
- Why should I seek medical attention when I haven't decided whether I want to report the assault to the police or the university?
- Where can I find information about ISU crime statistics?
- Where can I find information on how to reduce my risk of being a victim of sexual assault?
Did You Know?
- The community has a sexual assault response team
- Off-campus assaults are covered by ISU policy
- Some resources are confidential
- ISU can help with housing changes or class conflicts
after an assault
- Victims or witnesses who used alcohol/drugs should not be afraid to report the assault.
If you or someone you know may be a victim of sexual misconduct or assault, you are strongly encouraged to seek immediate assistance.
Assistance can be obtained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from:
(Assault Care Center Extending Shelter and Support) 800-203-3488 for a confidential advocate
- Mary Greeley Medical Center 515-239-2011 for a confidential health examination or services
- ISU Police
911 from a campus phone or 515-294-4428
- Ames Police
911 or 515-239-5133
During business hours, you may also seek assistance from the ISU Dean of Students Office 515-294-1020.