Lavender Graduation Ceremony
Lavender Graduation is one of the many special traditions LGBTIQA students, faculty, and staff have created for themselves at Iowa State. Each year, graduating members of the Iowa State lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and ally communities are recognized during this special event. Over the past eighteen years, over 200 graduates have been honored.
2015 Lavender Graduation Ceremony
Are you an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student graduating in the spring, summer, or fall of 2015? If so, we encouarge you to register for the 18th Annual Lavender Graduation Ceremony to be held on Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 7:00 - 9:00pm in the Durham Great Hall of the Memorial Union. Join the Iowa State University community as we honor your academic and collegiate accomplishments!
A Message from Dr. Sine Anahita to the 2012 Lavender Graduates
Dr. Anahita earned a PhD from the College of Human Sciences in 2003 and was the LGBTSS coordinator 1997-1998. Watch Dr. Anahita's address to the 2012 Lavender Graduates!
• Shelli Fowler - Director of the Graduate Education Development Institute and Associate Professor of English at Virginia Tech
• Beth Zemsky - Co-chair of the Board of Directors of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
• Judy Dolphin - Executive Director of the Ames/ISU YWCA
• Ronni Sanlo - Director of the UCLA Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Campus Resource Center
• Ann DeGroot - Executive Director of OutFront Minnesota
• Teresa Wahlert - Vice President of Iowa for US WEST (now Qwest)
• Anthony D'Augelli - Professor of Human Development at Penn State
• W. Houston Dougherty - Vice President for Student Affairs at Grinell College