The 2013 Hixson Awards have been disbursed. All students who submitted applications have been notified. Thank you for your interest in the Hixson Program.
Applications for the 2014 Hixson Award will be accepted beginning November 1, 2013.
- Complete the online application. Priority deadline is February 1.
- Complete the ISU admission process by February 1.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need as determined by filing the FAFSA.
- In order to be considered for the Hixson Award, your FAFSA must be verified as complete when application review begins (approximately March 15).
- A delay in meeting the deadlines below will affect your eligibility for the Hixson Award.
- Complete the following by the suggested deadlines:
- File federal income taxes by February 14.
- File FAFSA by March 1 (Iowa State University deadline).
- Select IRS data porting option when filing FAFSA.
- Review and correct your Student Aid Report (SAR) promptly when returned from FAFSA or review the FAFSA status page at www.accessplus.iastate.edu.
- If selected for further verification, it is your responsibility to complete the process in time for application review (approximately March 15).
- Apply for on-campus housing. First-year Hixson Scholars are required to live on campus or in Iowa State's Greek community.
Hixson Award Application