Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
Tutoring Services is a centralized academic support service consisting of peer-facilitated learning experiences for undergraduates interested in requesting or becoming a tutor at Iowa State University. We work with students to identify and mobilize resources that facilitate learning and promote success.
Students can use our website to
- Learn more about requesting a tutor or becoming a tutor
- Access and update their profile
- Browse our academic and tutor resources
- See a list of our current tutoring needs
We are dedicated to providing quality small group tutoring, consisting of 2 to 4 students, for many undergraduate courses (see a list of current tutoring needs). All tutors and tutees are currently enrolled undergraduate students at Iowa State. Each tutoring group is led by a qualified peer tutor. Groups meet at a consistent day and time twice a week during the academic year and three times per week during the summer.
- Applications to become a tutor for Summer 2015 are open until July 10.
- Applications to request a tutor for Summer 2015 are open until July 10.
Students waiting for a tutor have many options
- Review our academic resources
- Consult with the professor, the TA, or an academic coach
- Check the availability of Supplemental Instruction or help rooms
- Consider forming a peer study group
Individual academic departments and colleges may also offer tutoring opportunities and services.
If you have a question regarding Tutoring Services look over our Frequently Asked Questions. For all other inquiries, please call our office (515-294-6624), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact our staff directly.
|Joshua Mitchell||Program Coordinator, Tutoring Servicesemail@example.com|