Photo provided by Special Collections Department / Iowa State University Library
Attention Tutor Applicants:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a tutor for the Academic Success Center. Your willingness to help facilitate your peers' academic success is essential to the services we provide. Currently, we only need tutors for the courses found on our tutoring needs page. We value your time, so please check the list before applying to become a tutor. If you have questions regarding tutoring needs, please email Joshua Mitchell.
Tutoring Services is a centralized academic support service consisting of peer-facilitated learning experiences for undergraduates interested in requesting or becoming a tutor at Iowa State University. We work with students to identify and mobilize resources that facilitate learning and promote success.
Students can use our website to
- Learn more about requesting a tutor or becoming a tutor
- Access and update their profile
- Browse our academic and tutor resources
- See a list of our current tutoring needs
We are dedicated to providing quality small group tutoring, consisting of 2 to 4 students, for many undergraduate courses (see a list of current tutoring needs). All tutors and tutees are currently enrolled undergraduate students at Iowa State. Each tutoring group is led by a qualified peer tutor. Groups meet at a consistent day and time twice a week during the academic year and three times per week during the summer.
- Applications to become a tutor for Spring 2015 are open until April 3.
- Applications to request a tutor for Spring 2015 are open until April 17.
Students waiting for a tutor have many options
- Review our academic resources
- Consult with the professor, the TA, or an academic coach
- Check the availability of Supplemental Instruction or help rooms
- Consider forming a peer study group
Individual academic departments and colleges may also offer tutoring opportunities and services.
If you have a question regarding Tutoring Services look over our Frequently Asked Questions. For all other inquiries, please call our office (515-294-6624), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact our staff directly.
|Joshua Mitchell||Program Coordinator, Tutoring Servicesemail@example.com|
|Melissa Fike||Gradaute Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rebecca Nation||Graduate Assistantemail@example.com|
|Ben Shimota||Undergraduate Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|