download the promotional flier
Our purpose is to support student learning and academic success through developing the skills of undergraduate Peer Educators.
A Peer Educator is any student Leader with a specific position on campus that includes responsibilities to serve peer students in an academic capacity. These leaders include:
- Greek Scholarship Chairpersons
- Learning Community Peer Mentors
- GSB Officers
- Honors Seminar Leaders
- Residence Life Community Advisors
- Residence Hall/House/Association Student Government Leaders
- Supplemental Instruction Leaders
- Tutors and Tutor Leaders
- And a variety of other student Leaders from many campus organizations
This initiative seeks to support and develop campus Peer Educators through the following methods:
- Workshops targeting the Peer Educator audience.
- Academic success presentations targeting the Peer Educators' groups.
- One-on-one planning meetings between a Peer Educator and Academic Success Staff member.
- Online access to the ASC Success Handouts.
- Additional online resources, including:
- Links to potential campus resources for referrals
- Bulletin Board materials
- Additional downloadable resources or related weblinks.